Delightful, healthy smoothie, perfect for Fall!
Servings: 1 large smoothie
- 2 tbsp pumpkin puree
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 tbsp natural smooth peanut butter
- juice from 1/2 fresh squeezed orange
- 2 ice cubes
- ¾ cup unsweetened almond milk
- ⅛ tsp cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp nutmeg
- ⅛ tsp ginger
- 1-2 tbsp maple syrup, to taste optional
- ½ cup heavy cream optional
- chocolate of choice for topping optional
In your blender, combine the pumpkin puree, banana, peanut butter. Squeeze the juice of 1/2 orange in. Add in your ice cubes, unsweetened almond milk, cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger. If you prefer maple syrup, add that in as well. Blend until everything comes together smoothly.
If you would like to top with whipped cream, add the heavy cream to your stand mixer, and use the whisk attachment to whip to stiff peaks. This takes a few minutes on high. Watch it so that it doesn't overwhip.
Pour the smoothie into your glass, top with a dollop of whipped cream, and grate some chocolate on top if you prefer. Enjoy!
- This recipe can be vegan if you leave out the whipped cream and chocolate, or use vegan chocolate. If you prefer another kind of milk, that's fine too!